[vcf-midatlantic] Greenbar print

Jameel Akari jakari at bithose.com
Sun Feb 28 02:01:44 UTC 2021

I also got mine working. The foam that keeps the print head flex cables from binding turned to goo along with all the sound absorbing foam. This was making the print head stick on the leftward pass and the stepper controller detected the jam and shut down. I am impressed.

I’m crudely re-inking the ribbon now. It’ll have to soak overnight but I think it’ll come together tomorrow morning.

I think I mentioned the DECwriter serial since I know at least some had RS232. The number of dongles needed to interface that from your laptop is ever increasing these days.  Might as well have USB-C to current loop at this point! :)

--
Jameel Akari