[vcf-midatlantic] Greenbar printout DONE!

Jameel Akari jakari at bithose.com
Sun Feb 28 20:28:43 UTC 2021

In the Proprinter manual that I read as a PDF and then lost, I believe it says not to lube the guide rail.  This would make sense with paper dust.
However given age and infrequent use, my thought is that a film of light oil on all the metal rails and spindles to prevent rust is worthwhile - you can always wipe away excess oil, but rust can be harder to remove.

I used sewing machine oil and then a low-lint wipe to clean the excess plus whatever dirt the printhead scraped off.

And I’ve been using Krytox PTFE grease sparingly for plastic-to-metal and plastic-to-plastic lube.  (Exception on the Proprinter, you do /not/ lube the printhead leadscrew with anything.)

Incidentally if anyone finds an IBM Proprinter XL / XL24 service manual PDF, send me the link because my Google-fu has failed to find something I KNOW I read not long ago.

—
Jameel