[vcf-midatlantic] why all my email is plain text

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Jul 3 14:41:05 UTC 2021

On 7/3/21 4:14 AM, dave.g4ugm--- via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
>>> I also run a sendmail server but only for about 20 years so I guess I
>>> am newbie.  I like that you can use text when you want text, html when
>>> you want html.  It's the user's choice.
>>
>>    I will reserve at least most of my comment here.  I guess a lot of people just
>> don't get the ramifications; the issues have been well explained by several
>> people here.
>
> I will just say that in some environments we may have no choice. When I worked all external e-mail servers were blocked, including any webmail servers, and the company e-mail was a web front end that did not have any option for plain text e-mail.

  Rushing in and using complex tools without learning anything about
them first isn't exclusive to individuals, corporations do it too.  And
further up the chain to the vendor, there's really nothing that a
corporation won't abuse (knowingly or otherwise) in order to make more
money.

  And this STILL doesn't make it right.

  None of this reflects poorly on you personally, of course.  No
disrespect intended.

             -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ