[vcf-midatlantic] [OT] Cleaning a Laser printer paper pickup

Bruce freemab222 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 00:40:40 UTC 2021

Neil,

Others have given you some tricks.  Cleaning sounds like a good choice.
Acetone, delicately applied with a cotton swab *might* deglaze a rubber
surface, but it's a gamble (and should be done outside).

But "resurfacing" ("re-stickifying") might work if all else fails.  There
are several "liquid rubber" products out there that can be applied by brush
or applicator stick (popsicle stick; tongue depressor) which would coat the
"dry" surface and restore it.  Mind you, I know of no product *intended*
for that purpose, but they work anyway.

It is even possible to replace the rubber rollers with cast-in-place fresh
rubber, if you can remove that shaft from the printer.  I vaguely recall
YouTube videos on the subject and I know of an old TAB book on casting
rubber parts.

Bruce
NJ

On Tue, Jul 20, 2021 at 7:40 PM Bill Degnan via vcf-midatlantic <