[vcf-midatlantic] Old-school computing: when your lab PC is ancient

Neil Cherry ncherry at linuxha.com
Fri Jun 4 22:48:16 UTC 2021

On 6/4/21 6:41 PM, Ethan Dicks via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 3, 2021 at 11:34 AM Neil Cherry via vcf-midatlantic
> <vcf-midatlantic at lists.vcfed.org> wrote:
>> I did purchase the V2 SmartThings (ST) hub just before Samsung. The hub is great but
>> the recent announcement that ST will brick the V1 hub June 1st
>
> Hmm... I think I have a ST hub practically NIB given to me some time
> ago.  I should check to see if it's a brick today or will be a brick
> tomorrow.  ;-)

I'd love to hack the hub, the radios are still good and putting simple software
on the hub and the rules engine external would make the hub still usable. But
I doubt we'll see the kind of technical info needed to make that heppen. I'll
be spending my hacking time on other projects. Though I might get curious.

The TCP Connect hub as a MIPS processor, I just didn't have the time to spend
ripping into that.

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at linuxha.com