[vcf-midatlantic] JUNE 12 & 13 REPAIR WORKSHOP INFO

Herb Johnson hjohnson at retrotechnology.info
Fri Jun 11 19:10:20 UTC 2021

> Martin Flynn
> Fri Jun 11 02:50:00 UTC 2021
>
> Herb, CDL just replaced the screwdrivers and torx sets with Wiha products. The T15 tamper resistant driver is 80mm long total  - exactly what is adequate length to open a classic mac? -  Martin

Six inch shaft. That's 150 mm. 80mm is over three inches. The classic
9-inch Macs have two screws deep under the top-handle. I'll bring my
Sears Craftsman tool.

> Jeffrey Brace

> *1) Vaccinated people don't need to wear a mask.2) Those that are
> unvaccinated are recommended to wear a mask.*

I"ve chosen to wear one despite my vaccinated status. It's polite to
encourage mask-wearing. It doesn't oblige guests and hosts to ask about
my vaccination status. Also I have hayfever and it makes some difference
there. And, in reasonable time, these considerations will be less
necessary, so I can be patient. Others may find my reasoning informative.

> Herb Johnson
> controller stuff with Shugart 800's, with a secret guest.

Not so secret, David Gesswein. I didn't see his name on the Googley list
when I made my entry. But it was there anyway. I'll need to be in the
same building & room as David.

regards Herb Johnson

http://www.retrotechnology.com OR .net
or try later herbjohnson AT comcast DOT net