[vcf-midatlantic] Tales from Atari ST oddness

Ethan O'Toole telmnstr at 757.org
Mon Jun 14 20:10:15 UTC 2021

> Just get some TV tools (plastic screwdrivers essentially) and adjust the H and W pots on the TV board, careful not to
> touch the tube and die. I did this on several of the mono ST screens which shipped displaying postage-stamp-sized images.
> Was pretty easy. And I was 13.
> bp

I have the plastic tools (Arcade monitors!) but I read on Atari Age (or
maybe Amibay) that there is a component that needs to be swapped out on
the color monitor before you make the image fill the monitor. They
purposely undersized the image because it would strain the part and kill
it.

There was a pointer to a zip file with the old school text file that
describes it and what to replace. I just googled but not finding the post.

 		- Ethan