[vcf-midatlantic] Museum Report 2021-06-12 & 2021-06-14

Jeffrey Brace jeffrey at vcfed.org
Wed Jun 16 20:41:27 UTC 2021

Saturday and Sunday a super high interest guy came. I think he was about
late high school age and visiting from Georgia.
He stayed Saturday for hours and was programming BASIC on the Zorba by
himself. He asked to borrow a Microsoft BASIC manual so I gave him one from
the IBM 5150 and off he went. I don't know what his end product was as I
was busy with the repair workshop that day and couldn't stick around.
Dennis can fill us in as he was docent that day.

On Sunday he came back again and was programming on the TRS-80. He used the
TRS-80 Graphics Programming book as a reference and created an
etch-a-sketch program.

It's quite rare for a visitor to stay for hours like that and sit down and
program on these machines. From time to time I will get visitors that are
patient enough to sit down, type in a short program and teach them the
basics of BASIC programming.
Jeff Brace
Vice President & Board Member
Vintage Computer Festival East Show-runner
http://www.vcfed.org/
jeffrey at vcfed.org