[vcf-midatlantic] Museum Report 2021-06-12 & 2021-06-14

Bill Degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 21:59:58 UTC 2021

Jeff,
That's great.   IBM PC BASIC is different than CP/M BASIC used on a
Zorba, there are many versions *(many)* of MS BASIC.  That was their bread
and butter program from 1975-1985, until MS DOS and Windows came about.
The MS fortune was first made licensing BASIC to various hardware vendors
and producing hardware-specific variants.  I taught a class at a past VCF
on this very subject and about how to manage BASIC per the hardware, etc.
  There are books out there that explain how to manage BASIC on various
hardware platforms, with program code samples that show differences on the
Apple, CBM, Atari, IBM BASIC, etc.

Here is my slide deck
https://www.vintagecomputer.net/vcf9/Advanced_BASIC_VCFE9.pdf
..NOTE:   It's just the slides not my talking points but it shows that
there is a lot about MS BASIC in my talk.  Maybe it would be worth
repeating this class at a future VCF.

Bill

On Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 4:42 PM Jeffrey Brace via vcf-midatlantic <