[vcf-midatlantic] past, present and future

Eric Rangell erangell at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 12:32:58 UTC 2021

> Hi all,

I plan to bring the exhibit I intended to show last year about Ted Nelson
to VCF as well as my current exhibit of the PC Transporter for the Apple
//e.  I will also be able to show demos of Ted Nelson's JOT and Jef
Raskin's SWYFT systems for anyone interested.  Ted and Jef had great ideas
that were ahead of their time.  The potential uses for them I see in the
decentralized internet space (which is already being crowded out by
corporate interests).  After corresponding with others who have done more
extensive research I do not see them practically seeing the light of day in
any product, other than specialized applications, like molecular biology
which uses ZigZag.  If you have different opinions, or stories about Ted to
share, please contact me off-list at erangell at gmail.com.
Thanks, Eric