[vcf-midatlantic] Sperry Univac Core - Which computer and Capacity?

Duane Craps DBC1964 at cox.net
Wed Jun 23 12:33:30 UTC 2021

On 6/22/2021 12:15 PM, Douglas Crawford via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
> Board is identified as 90536-7128081-00 G
> Web hits on this are thin.
> Anyone know what Univac machine this is from and its capacity?
> I suppose count of the wires H x L  = # of bits of storage, and one
> side is the word size of the computer?
> Confirmation?
> https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/kw4AAOSwwlBgujxR/s-l1600.jpg
> Thanks,
> DC

That would be the Drawing Number. The part number is one higher and is
on one of the connectors.

Listed here as a 8K memory board for AN/UYK-20(  page 15) :

UYK_20_20A_Technical_Summary_May91.pdf (trailing-edge.com)
<http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/univac/military/an_uyk-20/UYK_20_20A_Technical_Summary_May91.pdf>

I never saw one without the covers.

I remember them as being 16 bits wide, so the core planes must be 8 deep.

DuaneCraps
sdɐɹɔ ǝuɐnp