[vcf-midatlantic] Sperry Univac Core - Which computer and Capacity?

Duane Craps DBC1964 at cox.net
Wed Jun 23 13:09:32 UTC 2021

On 6/23/2021 8:33 AM, Duane Craps via vcf-midatlantic wrote:

> On 6/22/2021 12:15 PM, Douglas Crawford via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
>> Board is identified as 90536-7128081-00 G
>> Web hits on this are thin.
>> Anyone know what Univac machine this is from and its capacity?
>> I suppose count of the wires H x L  = # of bits of storage, and one
>> side is the word size of the computer?
>> Confirmation?
>> https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/kw4AAOSwwlBgujxR/s-l1600.jpg
>> Thanks,
>> DC
>
> That would be the Drawing Number. The part number is one higher and is
> on one of the connectors.
>
> Listed here as a 8K memory board for AN/UYK-20(  page 15) :
>
> UYK_20_20A_Technical_Summary_May91.pdf (trailing-edge.com)
> <http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/univac/military/an_uyk-20/UYK_20_20A_Technical_Summary_May91.pdf>
>

> I never saw one without the covers.
>
> I remember them as being 16 bits wide, so the core planes must be 8 deep.

Several years ago I brought a UYK-20 Logic print Technical Manual to
VCF, that someone gave me..I don't know where it is now. Bill Dromgoole
might know.

If someone wanted to hook it up it might have enough information to
identify the pin connections. 8K X 16 would be so cool.

--
DuaneCraps
sdɐɹɔ ǝuɐnp