[vcf-midatlantic] Original Macintosh Architecture Questions

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Jun 23 21:22:44 UTC 2021

On 6/23/21 5:19 PM, Andrew Diller wrote:
> Woah there. There is no such thing as a bad SGI. Every one of them at least ran IRIX, no matter the systems-level design (or lack thereof).

  Oh nono, don't get me wrong, I love any and all SGI hardware.  I ran
an Indigo2 R10K MaxImpact as my primary desktop for many years and
adored it.

  But an Octane with the same CPU at the same clock rate does, in fact,
trounce it in terms of available CPU performance.

> Also, the octane was not purple. And many wanted a purple computer. Or at least found out they did.

  Too true. ;)

           -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ