[vcf-midatlantic] Museum Report 2021-06-23

Jeffrey Brace jeffrey at vcfed.org
Thu Jun 24 01:08:19 UTC 2021

About a dozen visitors today, which means that summer visitors have begun.
Normally there are very few visitors on Wednesdays, but in the summer we
get a decent number.

The first two visitors were an older couple and their grandson from
Florida. He specified to his grandfather that at the top of his list of
things to do was to come visit our museum. He was a finance major, but had
learned to program in the "R programming language". I had never heard of
this, but in any case I explained to him how computers worked, and the
history of computers. He was fascinated. He stayed about 2 hours and I had
him try some BASIC programming. He loved it!

There was another visitor who was Bulgarian and recognized the Apple 2
clone that we had in the museum. She actually knew what it was and where it
was manufactured and some history. Her son tried out some BASIC programming
on it and stayed for over an hour.

There were some other visitors who spent about 40 minutes there, but it
became hard to help everyone with three groups of highly interested people.

There were 3 last minute visitors, but the girl really liked that most of
our computers were hands on because many museums don't allow that. She
really enjoyed using them.

Overall a good day at the museum.
Jeff Brace
Vice President & Board Member
Vintage Computer Festival East Show-runner
http://www.vcfed.org/
jeffrey at vcfed.org