[vcf-midatlantic] Museum Report 2021-06-23

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Jun 24 01:34:20 UTC 2021

On 6/23/21 9:08 PM, Jeffrey Brace via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
> The first two visitors were an older couple and their grandson from
> Florida. He specified to his grandfather that at the top of his list of
> things to do was to come visit our museum. He was a finance major, but had
> learned to program in the "R programming language". I had never heard of
> this,

  R is an interpreted programming language and large software ecosystem
that is targeted primarily at statistical math.  However, it's really
more of a "mathematical Swiss army knife", for lots of things that have
nothing to do with statistics.  I use it all the time for things like
curve fitting to generate coefficients for sensor response linearization
in firmware.  It's amazingly powerful and a real pleasure to use.

           -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA