[vcf-midatlantic] Sperry Univac Core - Which computer and Capacity?

David Gesswein djg at pdp8online.com
Thu Jun 24 01:51:19 UTC 2021

On Wed, Jun 23, 2021 at 02:23:06PM -0400, Douglas Crawford via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
>     That's a possibility.  I have thought it would be cool to make a
>     core work. If its not a whole lot of
>     analog conditioning I suppose its something I'd consider.  Just at a
>     glance, I'd expect that its all digital
>     on the connector, so there would be power and interface to deal
>     with, only. Not too bad if that's
>     the case.  It does have two broke ICs- smashed to the point of
>     decapped, but that's easy to deal with.
>     Other than that its in great shape.

If all the driver logic is with the board should be digital interface.
Looks like their may be a second layer of logic not seen in the picture.
PDP-8/A is a sandwich with core mounted to base board with all the analog
stuff.

Does anybody know why it looks like only X & Y wires without sense/inhibit?

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/RQUAAOSw1kxgujxP/s-l1600.jpg