[vcf-midatlantic] Original Macintosh Architecture Questions

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Jun 24 16:45:02 UTC 2021

On 6/24/21 11:51 AM, Andrew Diller wrote:
> Ok, while on that subject, when I come and visit the LSSM, what can one expect in terms of SGI representation? While most SGI's were desktop/workstation class systems there are some large ones.

  There's almost no SGI hardware on exhibit right now, though we'll be
putting together an Onyx2 system as a visualization workstation for the
newly-restored Cray J90.

  In storage, the museum has an Origin 2400 and an Origin 3000, both
single rack configs.  They had been on exhibit for a few years, but were
rotated out.

  My personal collection includes a whole slew of other SGI machines,
including a numbered Crimson Jurassic Classic.  Some of those will be
moved to the under-construction "workstations and small workgroup
servers" exhibit floor.  That's been perpetually under construction for
years due to an unending lack of help, but we'll eventually get it done.

            -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA