[vcf-midatlantic] Original Macintosh Architecture Questions

Andrew Diller dillera at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 17:16:53 UTC 2021

OK- while SGI is usually associated with the desktop gfx visualization space they did quite a lot in the cluster and super computing space...

The Power Challenge and Origin systems were all designed to be supercomputing clusters.

The MIPS R8000 was a fascinating dead-end in chip development:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R8000 <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R8000>

I look forward to visiting and seeing what you have out there.

-andy