[vcf-midatlantic] Original Macintosh Architecture Questions

Ethan O'Toole telmnstr at 757.org
Fri Jun 25 16:08:27 UTC 2021

>> In any case, any application with high quality audio for the time (here
>> I'm thinking something like Dark Castle, which actually has really
>> great sound effects) probably either just lived with the iffy quality
>> or pre-equalized the audio, but given that Dark Castle sounds pretty

Don't forget that a few guys started making replacement ROMs for a
commercial drum machine called DigiDrums I think. They made a tool for
editing their data, which they then expanded to a I think a 4 channel
sound card for the Mac. They called their company DigiDesign and it
allowed users to record multitrack audio at high quality on the Mac

And the rest is history.....

(DigiDesign = Protools, one of the big digital audio workstation
hardware/software platforms.)