[vcf-midatlantic] OS/9, was Re: PEP Modular Computer

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Mar 6 04:43:06 UTC 2021

On 2/9/21 8:48 AM, Neil Cherry wrote:
>>    I have no experience with OS-9, but have taken an interest in it
>> over the past few months.  I'm slowly putting together a 6809-based
>> system to run it on.
>
> Please share what you build. Microware's OS-9 was a very interesting OS.
> Also Nitros9 Level I & II is available for the 6809 (CoCo, ST2900, SWTPC).

   With some kind assistance from Bob Applegate, I now have OS/9 Level I
(the NitrOS9 distribution) up and running on an all-new-hardware
(Corsham Tech) SS-50 6809 system.  Some of the material has not yet been
released, and Bob is still digging for some of the details and sources,
but it boots and runs.

> BTW< I think we lost Peter Stark's Star-K stuff. I think I have the
> HUMBUG source
> for the 6801, 6809 and 68K. I wish I had grabbed the rest when I had a
> chance.

   I'd love a copy of those HUMBUG sources, if you don't mind.

            -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA