[vcf-midatlantic] VCF Swap Meet2021! & Repair workshop

Jeffrey Brace jeffrey at vcfed.org
Sat Mar 6 23:10:56 UTC 2021

On Fri, Mar 5, 2021 at 10:02 PM Tony Bogan via vcf-midatlantic <

> Bruce, we had our first swap meet last fall at the height of the pandemic
> and it went off without a hitch. With things improving at a slow steady
> pace, and having had workshops

Yes. Our first Swap Meet was Nov, 7, 2020 which was when the rates were
surging. Since we had an outdoor event, everyone was wearing a mask and
taking other precautions we were able to safely have the event.

We have had repair workshops since June 2020 with 10 to 15 people spread
over 4 buildings and have followed all safety precautions and were
therefore successful in never having any problems.

> all winter long, we decided to do an outdoor event with large amounts of
> space instead of Vcf East.

VCF East was originally scheduled for April so we moved VCF East to
October.

> Vcf East is going to be in the fall so having the swap meet in the spring
> made the most sense.

Yes. The rates will be much lower by April 24, very similar or less than
they were on Nov. 7 when we had our last swap meet.

> However, our goal is to have one more than just one per year so perhaps as
> things progress we may be able to find the available dates to do a spring
> and a fall swap meet.

Yes. We want to have two per year, but we are starting out with one so that
we can get experience running them and also get a reputation for having a
successful event.