[vcf-midatlantic] OT - 120v to 240v step up recommendations

dave.g4ugm at gmail.com dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Sun May 2 08:38:37 UTC 2021

Even if the grid frequency is "not used for anything" it can still matter. Some older, larger computers used resonant transformers and these simply won't work.
Going from the UK/EU 50Hz world to the US 60Hz world is not usually a problem. In general transformers are slightly more efficient at 60hz.
Going the other way can be a problem and US transformers can run warm and over heat.

Dave
G4UGM