[vcf-midatlantic] Mac IIci, dead after power on

Ethan O'Toole telmnstr at 757.org
Mon May 10 16:21:50 UTC 2021

Working on IIci I picked up at swap meet. Ex-Cisco, it's gonna be sweet.

I read that the battery doesn't matter. Pulled it. Zero leakage.

Pre-recap, no life.
Post-recap, no life. (Re-capped machine.)

5v 500ma line is fine from the PSU
12v line is fine from the PSU
5v line is fine from the PSU
Not sure about -12, but probably just audio?

No power on chime.

Screen is black, monitor wakes up. Haven't used the DB-15 to VGA 6 switch
converter in ages but it worked last time.

Powers on from keyboard or rear panel switch.

I guess the first things to check are the CPU reset circuit and the clock.

Any other pointers from Mac geeks?

:-)

Recapped the A1200 motherboard I picked up and it booted! Now trying to
decide on keyboard options.

 		- Ethan