[vcf-midatlantic] Mac IIci, dead after power on

Richard Cini rich.cini at gmail.com
Mon May 10 19:34:28 UTC 2021

The PS itself seems fine, but it's been a while since I looked at it -- other projects have gotten in the way. Will need to double-check it of course.

Rich

--
Rich Cini
http://cini.classiccmp.org

On 5/10/21, 3:33 PM, "Ethan O'Toole" <telmnstr at 757.org> wrote:

    > I have two IIci's with Astec supplies. I recapped both and I guess I
    > didn't clean them enough because both do this funky on/off thing like
    > the power-on-circuit is oscillating. I'd just love to bypass it and use
    > a toggle switch and be done with it.

    If you look up the people doing ATX power supply conversions there is
    information with those people on how to bypass the soft ware stuff. Are
    you sure the power supply itself doesn't need to be re-capped?

    In my case I only did the motherboard, but tested the output voltages.

     			- Ethan