[vcf-midatlantic] Bernoulli Drives needed in working condition

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue May 18 14:54:02 UTC 2021

On 5/18/21 10:49 AM, Ethan Dicks via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
> Yes, you _can_ get edge bits and weak bits and all of that, but who is
> going to go to that much effort?

  A lot of this (ok, ALL of this) is a psychological issue.  Most people
and organizations have a dramatically inflated opinion of the value of
their data.  The reality is that nobody really cares, in the vast
majority of cases.

  LSSM has a boilerplate data protection/destruction contract (i.e.,
protect until we can destroy) that we've used to assuage the concerns of
these types of people.  It has satisfied the donor in the dozen or so
times it has been used.

  One was a payroll company with live data on drives, and it was
reviewed by their legal department.

  The contract is pretty simple, but I can send it over to VCF folks if
it would be useful.

             -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ