[vcf-midatlantic] What is VCF Festivus? December 11 & 12, 2021

Jeffrey Brace jeffrey at vcfed.org
Sun Nov 14 22:51:51 UTC 2021

Just a reminder to everyone about our upcoming Festivus party. I've gotten
a lot of signups so far for this event.

Here the info again:
START: Sat, Dec 11 at 10AM
END: Sun, Dec 12 at 5PM
ANNUAL VCF MA Town Hall: December 11 at 8PM

WHERE:
2201 Marconi Rd, Wall Township, NJ (InfoAge Campus)

9010-C = Cafeteria where we will eat and drink.
9010-C = Game room across from cafeteria
9010-D (Women's Bunkroom) = Mini Festivus Swap Meet where we can buy and
sell
9059 = Festivus Repair workshop

COST:
$20 per person covers the whole event
$25 per person per night for overnight stay

Buy tickets through Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/festivus
-2021-tickets-194874814817 If you want to pay at the door, then you also
have that option. I can have the iPad ready to take cash or credit, etc.

I will be doing the traditional burger and hot dog grilling outside.
VCF will be buying soft drinks.
Ian will be bringing his vintage video games. Everyone is welcome to bring
their own games. Let me know what you are bringing:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ccEP-PdZGuqz0HFZKNXmfxICtXaO3Hly8927PLVGPuM/edit?usp=sharing

Everyone brings a food or beverage item.
Here is the potluck signup sheet for food and drinks:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UtSrLUdnIcRjY3LErfukhYltF1oHno0V6NkmuVYFCq8/edit?usp=sharing

Here is the buy/sell list for the mini swap meet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19jpgyvVoKaxAuUxQU-7_b3Grk9LWOQ6aAbQl65y47r4/edit?usp=sharing
The
swap meet rules are you bring your own table(s) and are responsible for
selling things yourself.
CHANGE OF SWAP MEET ROOM:
We won't be able to use the room that we use for consignment during VCF
East. It is being renovated for a new museum. We will be using the women's
bunkroom. It's possible we can switch this back to the original room. I'm
trying to negotiate with InfoAge management a slight change in their
schedule.

Festivus Repair workshop signup:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14C_OObkhtzCsA-LF7rzNhoagb3RovLDsXtBgtFJWvdU/edit?usp=sharing

For a lot of new people and those who don't know. I thought I would explain
what this "Festivus" event was all about.

WHAT IS FESTIVUS?

Festivus started out as a party years ago and took place 6 months after VCF
East. At some point, it was officially called "Festivus" as recommended by
Bernie S. It refers to the Seinfeld episode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX55AzGku5Y. It is a made up holiday around
the same time as many others in December, but for us it is not religious,
but simply Pure Vintage Computer Fun.

WHAT DO YOU DO AT FESTIVUS?
It is a barbecue hamburgers, hot dogs, perogies, etc.
It is a Potluck, everyone brings a food and/or beverage item.
It is vintage video game fun. We have a game room setup for Ian and others
to setup their video games for everyone to play.
It is a fellowship to catch up with members that we haven't seen since VCF
East or last Festivus in person.

WHAT'S NEW?
Last year we did a mini-swap meet where members bought and sold each others
items, we are doing this again.
Also we are adding a repair workshop. Everyone loves to tinker with these
items and why not include this in our events as so many enjoy it.

WHAT ELSE?
Our Mid-Atlantic Chapter Town Hall where we review what has happened over
the year, what we plan on doing and take any questions from members.

Jeff Brace
Vice President & Board Member
Vintage Computer Festival East Show-runner
http://www.vcfed.org/
jeffrey at vcfed.org