[vcf-midatlantic] [OT] My eyes are aging - glasses recos for electronics work/small print reading?

John Heritage john.heritage at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 20:15:23 UTC 2021

I'm sure at least a few of you can relate.  Hell, I *know* Crawford
Griffith can relate ;-)..

I wear contact lenses and without the lenses I can read small print/see
tiny text on PCBs without problem.  Once the contacts are in I have real
trouble focusing in some cases on small fonts, or other details such as the
crappy way manufacturers print specs on power supplies.

Any specific recommendations for eye glasses here?  Are cheap reading
glasses sufficient for [seeing] soldering "up close" and other uses like
that or is there a type of reading / magnifying glass that's also for
safety that someone would recommend?

Thanks!
John