[vcf-midatlantic] [OT] My eyes are aging - glasses recos for electronics work/small print reading?

Neil Cherry ncherry at linuxha.com
Wed Nov 17 14:57:17 UTC 2021

On 11/16/21 11:06 PM, Bill Degnan via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
> I use a large lighted magnifying lense with an adjustable arm that allows
> me to position to.see details.  Great for checking solder joints, etc.
> Bill

I'm farsighted & couldn't read tiny print within arm's length. I have prescription
glasses but need something stronger when dealing with the near (within arms
length). I bought a few cheaters, one that's close to my normal prescription,
one that's slightly above (good as reading glasses in a comfortable chair)
and one 8x for checking solder joints and working close up in telco boxes. :-)

The telco box need was because the box is usually blocked from the sun. Actually
a light source would help there more than the multiple factor but it's also near.

I am going to get the adjustable arm with light but also the weird magnifier
with light that sits on your head and you flip up and down as needed. Not sure
of the magnifier yet. This will be for surface mount and board checking.

At CDL we use the adjustable arm a lot.

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at linuxha.com