[vcf-midatlantic] [OT] My eyes are aging - glasses recos for electronics work/small print reading?

John Heritage john.heritage at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 18:29:38 UTC 2021

Hey All - thanks for all of the recommendations.  I ended up buying two
devices:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B007JZ3U6K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

and

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08J2V8M8Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

The first one is *really* comfortable to wear, and adds reading glass
functionality (1.5x, 2.0x, or 2.5x) to safety glasses.  These complement my
contact lenses nicely, I went with the 1.5x and it's a huge quality of life
improvement.

The second unit was recommended by someone here and I think it'll be very
useful for verifying work closely but for my eyes, the range that it makes
something visible is on the order of 6" away from my face or less.  I could
see putting that on top of my head, using the light as needed, and then
taking on/off the first pair while doing the actual work.  It's a rare use
piece for sure, but interesting.

Anyway, thanks all for the recommendations and discussion!

On Wed, Nov 17, 2021 at 3:21 PM Sentrytv via vcf-midatlantic <