[vcf-midatlantic] Label Printer / Coder / Consignment?
telmnstr at 757.org
Fri Oct 29 14:33:29 UTC 2021
A fellow VCFer hooked me up with a ballin' thermal label printer. I was
If someone could make an app that:
1. Consignment seller could plug in Item name, description, price
- Could be done pre-event or on-site
- Could be text based like a mainframe for that retro feel or webapp
2. Pile of thermal labels are printed with this info on site when
attendee shows up. I think the 3" core direct thermal label rolls aren't
- Could kick out a "seller" id card with a code as well for end
1. Barcode read, item tally done, money tendered, etc
2. Maybe a dot matrix printer involved cause it sounds cool. Either
for a receipt or sales transaction log.
3. Can print out end tally page
Barcode readers act as keyboards usually with a tab or enter or
whatever (configurable) so that part is easy. Could drive that side of it with a
python/php/whatever script on a Pi. Text interface is probably easier.
More information about the vcf-midatlantic