[vcf-midatlantic] Marketing and Advertising for VCF East 2021!

John Heritage john.heritage at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 14:13:31 UTC 2021

Alright I've posted an article on LinkedIn:
https://www.linkedin.com/posts/john-heritage-6584487_did-a-vintage-computer-kickstart-your-it-activity-6840646914904526849-H6O9

Any chance we could update https://www.vcfed.org to maybe show a picture of
an outdoor tent with people or a good pic from one of the keynotes to show
a "family" experience?    Thanks!

Did a Vintage Computer such as a Commodore 64, Atari 800, or Apple II
jumpstart your IT career? My first "PC" was an Atari 800 - (still) great at
games, but also where I learned BASIC programming and Algebra as a kid.

If you have the time, please come visit the Vintage Computer Festival East
this fall in NJ at the historic Infoage Science and History Museum in Wall,
NJ. This is a fun family-friendly festival focused on preserving computer
history through education, outreach, conservation, and restoration.

You will hear Keynotes from people who influenced the industry -- this year
- Bill Mensch (major contributor to the MOS 6502), Scott Adams (Adventure
International), Bil Herd (Commodore Engineer and Hackaday author), and many
others talk about their time in the industry during the 1970s and 80s.

Lastly you'll get to see some really cool machines on display, and in some
cases for touch. This year focuses on the IBM 5150 PC and it's legacy as
well as Text Adventures from the early days. Exhibits planned include
vintage Macintosh machines, Commodore VIC-20s, Apple IIe upgrades, and much
more.

Check out https://www.vcfed.org for more information!

*#career* *#programming* *#programming* *#algebra* *#engineer* *#people*
*#science*

[PDF of VCF Flyer attached to LinkedIn post]

On Mon, Sep 6, 2021 at 8:19 AM Christian Liendo via vcf-midatlantic <