[vcf-midatlantic] Compaq portable III tips

Jameel Akari jakari at bithose.com
Sat Sep 11 02:10:26 UTC 2021

I have no specific tips but one anecdote: mine powered up fine without checking anything first. Popped in a DOS floppy and it booted. The keyboard cable seems to be really prone to fail (mine is crumbly) and you might want to examine that carefully for shorts first.

Once I’ve got a couple other vintage PC projects squared away I was planning to have another look at the III and make it a config/diagnostic disk, then see what I could do about a hard disk.

--
Jameel Akari