[vcf-midatlantic] VCF East 2021 Pay Per View Recommendations

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Wed Sep 22 13:32:37 UTC 2021

On 9/22/2021 7:51 AM, Andrew Diller wrote:
> I can assure you there have been preparations in this area for months. I'm not sure you were in attendance for those meetings as you didn't volunteer, so you probably have not been in the loop.
I don't live in the general vicinity of the group, (Iowa), so no, I've
not been in the loop. I was just responding to the post as it was sent
via the public list.

> So please, you can always ask the organizers before you assume "short notice" and comments about the quality!

I know Jeff just asked for recommendations on vendors to consider to
offer the service, and so all of my comments are somewhat tangential.

That said, a number of the responses seem overly defensive given the
spirit in which I offered up the note of caution.  I'm not on the
advisory committee, board, any leadership position in the group. I do
feel it important to participate in the group discussions and provide
input as someone who is distant from the event, and I attend the event
when possible, which is my reason for list subscription.

I have no horse in this race.  The potential concerns I raised will not
affect me if they come to pass. Except for the possibility of getting
access to the live feeds while I attend in person, I'm not sure I am
affected in any way by this effort. And, I align with the concept in
general, so I have no philosophical issues with the idea.

And, as noted, Jeff didn't really ask a question about the desirability
of PPV live feeds, so I perhaps should expect a worthy defense.  But, it
does temper my willingness to provide alternate perspectives.

I mean no disrespect to the valiant volunteers who produce the show and
the live and recorded material. As someone helping to produce similar
material in the Midwest, I apologize for ruffling feathers. I can do no
better in the areas I mention, which is why I hesitated to surface them.

Jim