[vcf-midatlantic] VCF East 2021 Pay Per View Recommendations

Brian Marstella brian at marstella.net
Wed Sep 22 15:33:57 UTC 2021

One reason I don't attend is the cost for travel, etc. I don't have a lot
of disposable income at this point and would like to see the cost kept to a
reasonable amount. I realize that "reasonable" might be different for each
person, I just can't afford to spend $50 or $100 on PPV. That said, I don't
know what price point/monetization target the organizers have in mind and
I'm just putting those numbers out there as an example. I've really enjoyed
the content over the years from several of the vintage computer festivals
and conferences and would prefer to see the price kept low enough that a
wide audience can still engage with the content. I appreciate the amount of
work that everyone puts into these festivals and realize that there is
definitely a cost associated with recording the sessions. Personally, I
find the quality of the productions to be generally pretty good given that
you're not going to hire a professional videographer for a relatively small
venue geared towards hobbyists.

Best, Brian.

On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 9:56 AM Andrew Diller via vcf-midatlantic <