[vcf-midatlantic] Cisco 6500

Mike Willegal mike at willegal.net
Wed Sep 22 20:00:23 UTC 2021

Still useful c6500s may be, but Cisco has published an EOL plan for this product that pretty much gives you no options for HW support or SW support, so in you would be pretty much dependent upon resale market for spares and such.  Not the type of thing most businesses want to deal with as a critical part of their operations.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-6500-series-switches/eos-eol-notice-c51-741568.html

Reminds me a bit of the businesses that have approached me in the past because their Apple IIs were starting to act up and they didn’t have a migration plan.

Mike Willegal