[vcf-midatlantic] Cisco 6500

Ethan O'Toole telmnstr at 757.org
Wed Sep 22 20:58:37 UTC 2021

>   Hopefully, a bit more modern than the 3MW SAGE setup.  :-)
> http://q7.neurotica.com/Q7/All5DieselGenerators.jpg
> http://q7.neurotica.com/Q7/DieselGenerator.jpg

https://blog.equinix.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Generator2.jpg

Same idea, bigger scale :-)

I think Equnix DC6/11 in Ashburn has ~40 megawatts of diesel generator.
Two buildings connected. The way they work is they might have say Qty 6 x
3 megawatt generators, they will all fire up in an outage, sync up then
the system will shed ones it doesn't need. Then if one were to go offline
it can bring in another one.

That is two buildings, Equinix has like 15+ in Northern VA area now. AWS
has over 100. Then there are a bunch of other players like Cyrus and DRT
and the like. That is a lot of Caterpillar generators! 6+ per facility,
over 200 facilities in Northern VA alone.

350 E Cermak in Chicago, it's a beautiful building that used to be a
printing company that printed Sears catalogs and phone books (ironic.) Now
it's a data center, and it has 100 megawatts of generator power in house!!
A nuclear reactor is 600 megawatts I think. It's pretty crazy. But look up
the building, and look up the library in it -- totally Harry Potter esque.

Library:
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-7xFT-vnC8p4/XkDFBl1wnaI/AAAAAAABoY4/oi4sDMcU0fQakFfDZv2SGK9WX-elhujMgCLcBGAsYHQ/s640/85177191_10220672781032910_9099277615490924544_n.jpg

350 E Cermak DC:
https://images1.loopnet.com/i2/vMaNUeCCQsJ1iEwMNwuMGmCiBnFlQpNMxrvw6-nz9XA/110/350-E-Cermak-Rd-Chicago-IL-Primary-Photo-1-Large.jpg