[vcf-midatlantic] One day wrist bands versus multiple day wrist bands

Jeffrey Brace jeffrey at vcfed.org
Tue Apr 5 02:17:22 UTC 2022

On Mon, Apr 4, 2022 at 10:13 PM Gregg Levine via vcf-midatlantic <

> Hello!
> I see that the droid who writes the tickets says that we are doing one
> day ones versus the idea of multiple days at once ones.  And it says
> here:(Quoting from the ticket droid.)

These are not the droids you are looking for *waves hands and emits Jedi
mind trick*

> "We are doing one day tickets only this year because:
>
> 1) Wristbands are easier to manage and less confusing with a different
> color per day rather than per type of ticket (i.e. 1 day, 2 day, 3
> day). 2 Day tickets in particular could be 3 combinations (i.e. Fri &
> Sat, Sat & Sun, Fri & Sun).
>
> 2) Attendance Count It's easier to count the daily attendance. We need
> to know that for fire marshal rules as well as for our general
> knowledge and tracking accurate attendance numbers. So one day tickets
> make it much easier to track.
>
> 3) Cost The cost of running the show has increased. We need more money
> to pay for our expenses."
>
> Normally I'm the one who turns up one day, that is the Saturday. But
> also for various ones I would also show up the next day, to see what I
> might have missed.

I hope everyone understands about the new ticketing decision. It seems to
simplify things for us and help us to pay for increased expenses.

Glad to hear that you will be making it to the show!