[vcf-midatlantic] [OT] Ham VE session 4/13/2022 - Avoid the new fee

Chris Hendrickson midatlanticretro at uid-0.org
Thu Apr 7 21:43:07 UTC 2022

The good news is that the FCC recently clarified that they will not
charge the fee for license upgrades (as well as administrative updates
such as address changes). So, go ahead and hop onto ULS to renew now,
and then you can take some time to study and prepare for your upgrade.

New licenses, license renewals, and vanity call applications will
however be subject to the $35 fee.

https://www.arrl.org/fcc-application-fee

-Chris, W3CH