[vcf-midatlantic] Anyone have an Apple Imagewriter I serial cable I can borrow?

Dan FitzGerald danjfitzgerald at comcast.net
Thu Apr 21 04:08:09 UTC 2022

David and Jameel,
If I understood this webpage (
http://mirrors.apple2.org.za/ground.icaen.uiowa.edu/MiscInfo/Cables/Pinouts.txt
) correctly, I need a straight DB25 to DB25 cable. Two if I am using a
switchbox.  I have a DB-25 switchbox, which I had forgotten about when
I wrote my initial email.  I'm not sure if it will work or not so
having other options would be useful.  It looks like the ImageWriter I
needs the following pins connected:

-----Original Message-----From: David Gesswein <djg at pdp8online.com>To:
danjfitzgerald at comcast.netSubject: Re: [vcf-midatlantic] Anyone have an
Apple Imagewriter I serial cable I can borrow?Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022
22:31:01 -0400
I have some swithboxes around and can see if I can find what you
needtomorrow. Do you need particular sex on the connector and do you
know if you only need the normal serial pins connected or all 25?
I have generic DB25 cables but if Apple needs special pinouts I
wouldn'tahve that.
On Wed, Apr 20, 2022 at 10:24:10PM -0400, Dan FitzGerald via vcf-
midatlantic wrote:
> I did a dumb and blew out a chip on the Imagewriter II that I was
> goingto use as part of my exhibit at VCF East this
> weekend.  Luckily,somebody at work gave me her old Imagewriter I and
> Macintosh accessorykit yesterday!  The problem is that while I need
> to be able to connectmy Mac to the printer, I *also* still need to
> connect my Apple II tothe printer.
>
> Does anybody here have an Apple II (DB25) to Imagewriter I (DB25)
> cablethat I can borrow for the weekend?
> Bonus question: Does anybody have a DB25 switchbox that I can use
> toconnect _two_ computers to a single printer?  Otherwise I am going
> togo along with my original plan of swapping the cables whenever
> somebodyneeds to print.
> Regards,Dan FitzGeraldThey/Them/Theirs
> http://www.vm.ibm.com/devpages/dfitzger
IMAGEWRITER I -- DB25