[vcf-midatlantic] Anyone have an Apple Imagewriter I serial cable I can borrow?

Dan FitzGerald danjfitzgerald at comcast.net
Thu Apr 21 04:24:34 UTC 2022

I almost forgot: the Apple II serial card has a DB25 female dongle, the
ImageWriter I has a DB25 female dongle, and the three DB25 connectors
on my data switch box are all female.
-----Original Message-----From: Dan FitzGerald <
danjfitzgerald at comcast.net>To: David Gesswein <djg at pdp8online.com>,
Jameel Akari <jakari at bithose.com>Cc: VCFED <
vcf-midatlantic at lists.vcfed.org>Subject: Re: [vcf-midatlantic] Anyone
have an Apple Imagewriter I serial cable I can borrow?Date: Thu, 21 Apr
2022 00:08:09 -0400
David and Jameel,
If I understood this webpage (
http://mirrors.apple2.org.za/ground.icaen.uiowa.edu/MiscInfo/Cables/Pinouts.txt
) correctly, I need a straight DB25 to DB25 cable. Two if I am using a
switchbox.  I have a DB-25 switchbox, which I had forgotten about when
I wrote my initial email.  I'm not sure if it will work or not so
having other options would be useful.  It looks like the ImageWriter I
needs the following pins connected:

IMAGEWRITER I -- DB251   Frame Ground2   Transmit Data (TXD)3   Receive
Data (RXD)4   Request to Send (RTS)7   Signal Ground
(GND)14  Fault20  Data Terminal Ready (DTR)

Regards,
Dan FitzGerald
They/Them/Theirs
http://www.vm.ibm.com/devpages/dfitzger
-----Original Message-----From: David Gesswein <djg at pdp8online.com>To:
danjfitzgerald at comcast.netSubject: Re: [vcf-midatlantic] Anyone have an
Apple Imagewriter I serial cable I can borrow?Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022
22:31:01 -0400
I have some swithboxes around and can see if I can find what you
needtomorrow. Do you need particular sex on the connector and do you
know if you only need the normal serial pins connected or all 25?
I have generic DB25 cables but if Apple needs special pinouts I
wouldn'tahve that.