[vcf-midatlantic] Anyone have an Apple Imagewriter I serial cable I can borrow?

Dan FitzGerald danjfitzgerald at comcast.net
Thu Apr 21 17:51:33 UTC 2022

Bill,
Dang, I wish I had known before I bought my first ImageWriter II a few
months back :-P
I'm going to say no right now, because I have limited storage space
until I get my basement waterproofed next month.  Then I can really
plan a proper computer equipment and tooling storage solution >:-)

You wouldn't happen to know what chip is the one that goes boom when
you plug the wrong type of cable into the Mini-DIN8 on the back of the
ImageWriter II, do you?  As best as I could make out from a visual
inspection it was an AMD-branded IC of some sort (I didn't think it was
a processor, just an IC).
-----Original Message-----From: Bill Degnan via vcf-midatlantic <
vcf-midatlantic at lists.vcfed.org>Reply-To: vcf-midatlantic <
vcf-midatlantic at lists.vcfed.org>To: vcf-midatlantic <
vcf-midatlantic at lists.vcfed.org>Cc: Bill Degnan <billdegnan at gmail.com>S
ubject: Re: [vcf-midatlantic] Anyone have an Apple Imagewriter I serial
cable I can borrow?Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 10:43:11 -0400
For free at Kennett Classic -  I have a number of Image Writer II's
ingood shape if you want one.
On Wed, Apr 20, 2022 at 10:25 PM Dan FitzGerald via vcf-midatlantic<