[vcf-midatlantic] Anyone have an Apple Imagewriter I serial cable I can borrow?

Dan FitzGerald danjfitzgerald at comcast.net
Thu Apr 21 18:17:56 UTC 2022

Bill,
On second thought, why not bring one of your ImageWriters.  Who knows
if I'll need it for the display, and if there is a potential electrical
problem with the one I own, then I can use your (known good) one at
home instead of the one that smells like burnt electronics.

Question: What is the best way to connect an Apple II Plus and a
Macintosh 512Ke to the same ImageWriter II?  I know that LocalTalk is
out of the question because of the II Plus, so I had tried using a
Mini-DIN8 data switch. I couldn't get it to work (and then it broke the
ImageWriter II)
-----Original Message-----From: Bill Degnan <billdegnan at gmail.com>To:
Dan FitzGerald <danjfitzgerald at comcast.net>Subject: Re: [vcf-
midatlantic] Anyone have an Apple Imagewriter I serial cable I can
borrow?Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 14:07:18 -0400
Sorry Dan, I don't know what chip that would be, but it may just be
acoincidence.  They're not going to go boom so easily unless
somethingelse is already wrong electrically.