[vcf-midatlantic] Apple II Classroom - Thank you and a challenge

Tony Bogan tony.bogan at vcfed.org
Tue Apr 26 18:25:54 UTC 2022

> On behalf of Tony Bogan, Javier Rivera, Stephen Edwards, Dean
> Notarnicola and myself, we would like to thank everyone for making the
> Apple II Classroom such a wonderful success. Almost every class was
> overflowing all three days!
>
> We have all talked and would like to publicly challenge the Commodore
> community to create a Commodore classroom at VCF East 2023!

What a fun time it was! Everyone was very engaged, both class proctors and attendees alike! It was a long road to finally get there (adam and I started the planning for this about 5 years ago, then right before it was to happen the pandemic hit) but it was well worth the wait.

Back in 2017 or so when we formulated this plan (it was Adam’s original idea) we agreed that ideally we’d like to see a different platform each year. This way by the time the Apple II was set to return it would be 4-5 years later. Apple, then Commodore, then Atari, then Tandy, (perhaps others) then back to Apple again. The order is irrelevant of course.

Thank you to everyone that participated and the multitude of people who offered their help from beginning to end to make this become a reality.

Tony Bogan