[vcf-midatlantic] Apple II Classroom - Thank you and a challenge

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Tue Apr 26 23:26:10 UTC 2022

On 4/26/2022 6:17 PM, Chris Fala via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
> Now to just find a few Commodore
> computers that actually work (I am not serious, but Tony Bogan would have
> made the joke if I didn't beat him to the punch!).

Oh, I don't know, feel free to be serious there.  Even though I should
not have been surprised, I was taken aback when Bil referenced a number
of times that once they got yields of IC wafers up enough to have MTBF
on the ICs just past the warrantee period, more process improvement was
strenuously frowned upon.

Given that, either the engineers secretly worked to improve MTBF on the
process, or the platform got very lucky.

Still, 40 years for an NMOS IC is asking a lot.

Jim

www.go4retro.com
store.go4retro.com