[vcf-midatlantic] Has anyone thought of the VCFED hosting a Mastodon instance?

Christian Liendo cliendo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 17:20:20 UTC 2022

This is my own humble opinion. I'm not saying anyone is wrong, this is
just how I see platforms like Twitter and I guess Mastodon

I don't use twitter because I don't like the format, same with
instagram and discord.

The 280 character limit and the hierarchy turns me off. The whole
having to make 10 posts to explain something is infuriating.

It's also why I like YouTube over Tik Tok. Tik Tok is too short.

Discord is chat and I don't have time for that. IRC has been around
for years. I don't do that either.

I am on reddit because I like the format. There are subreddits, The
posts are about a topic and the flow is based on that post.

Reddit's editing system allows you to make complex posts. When I ask a
question I can give a lot of detail and same when answering.

I know reddit has awful subreddits but I stay within the ones I like.
I know twitter is bad as well.

I am on facebook for my friends but honestly the computer groups have
become intolerable. The number of dumb posts and memes have made
groups a waste.

The VCF Forum, is pretty good because it is focused, has a good number
of dedicated people and you can get and share a lot of good info on
there.

https://forum.vcfed.org

I'm not against VCF utilizing Mastodon, they use Twitter. I just won't
use either.

My two cents.