[vcf-midatlantic] Has anyone thought of the VCFED hosting a Mastodon instance?

Dave Shevett shevett at pobox.com
Wed Apr 27 18:29:32 UTC 2022

Okay, understand folks that an instance is not a siloed environment.
It is one location that's connected to the rest of the mastodon
universe.  I understand that folks ar enot keen on yet another ghost
town of a chat room that doesn't have anyone on it, but while you can
tell your mastodon client to only show you things on the instance,
you'd be missing out on most of the traffic.

I'm on mastodon.social, which ist he largest instance, but i follow
people on dozens of other instances.

I really recommend folks go ahead and create themselves a login on an
instance - doenst' matter where ( here's a list:
https://github.com/McKael/mastodon-documentation/blob/master/Using-Mastodon/List-of-Mastodon-instances.md
) - and try it out.  If we do end up making a VCF specific one,
there's a basic tool to 'move' your login from one instance to
another, and any references to your old login will redirect (and all
your content will move too).

Give it a try :)

 -d

--