[vcf-midatlantic] Has anyone thought of the VCFED hosting a Mastodon instance?

Andrew Diller dillera at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 12:46:19 UTC 2022

> On Apr 27, 2022, at 11:12 AM, Dan FitzGerald via vcf-midatlantic <vcf-midatlantic at lists.vcfed.org> wrote:
>
> Look, I know that this probably going nowhere, but there is currently
> an interest in people posting to something other than Twitter because
> of Elon Musk.  I've been on Mastodon for a couple of years, and it has

Hopefully it does go nowhere. Musk buying twitter may finally make it more balanced. Now is the time to support twitter and start tweeting more about VCF and our events and equipment.

I'm personally fascinated by all the new revelations and misgivings about twitter _all of a sudden_. All of a sudden twitter is some horrible thing that will silence people - it's been doing that for years. If anything there will be less silence.

Democracy dies in silence.

-andy