[vcf-midatlantic] Great Commodore Related moments for me at VCF 2022,

Christian Liendo cliendo at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 21:06:18 UTC 2022

On Thu, Apr 28, 2022 at 12:02 PM Jeff S <jsalzman at gmail.com> wrote:

> I find it interesting to learn that people who were key players in the industry had lost touch with their own legacy to some extent. At least that's my take on Christian's story.

I found the same with Bil Herd, Bill Mensch and John Blankenbaker.

They were successful engineers but they don't realize how what they
created touched so many people.

I have a theory, they come up with a creation and they spend a lot of
time on it and it is successful and they celebrate but then it's all
hard work on the next creation

They don't see that their creations change people's lives.

How many of you had your life changed because of your computer? I did
because I didn't think of computing as a career path..

How many of you made new friends or had your whole social life change
because of your computer?

There are many examples of people who said how their computer changed
their life.

This is something they probably don't see because they work on the
next big thing and we get to enjoy their creations.

And we are now lucky to be able to meet them and talk with them.

What was the saying? "If I have seen further it is by standing on the
shoulders of Giants."

We get to meet and talk to the Giants.