[vcf-midatlantic] A Mastodon Instance for VCF - an Invitation

Dave Shevett shevett at pobox.com
Sat Dec 24 15:12:05 UTC 2022

So, while this is amusing and snarky, folks should understand what mastodon
is and how it works.  Defederating a server because it has bad users or
content is actually a key component of how Mastodon works.

The network isn't completely flat.  Unike Usenet, not all content is
replicated across all servers (yes, I know some newsgroups can be filtered,
that's not what i'm talking about).

Servers / instances are identified by interest, social group, or topic.
Some servers attract some really dreadful people.  They are defederated /
blocked.

It's a very very different model.

On Sat, Dec 24, 2022 at 10:07 AM Dave McGuire via vcf-midatlantic <

--
Dave Shevett
shevett at pobox.com