[vcf-midatlantic] 1968 Longley-Rice model in Fortran IV

Herbert Johnson hjohnson at retrotechnology.info
Sat Dec 31 02:31:24 UTC 2022

>> the RF propagation model by Anita Longley and Phil Rice, still widely
>> used after a half century.  Going from one old report to another, I
>> found the original 1968 CDC-3600 Fortran IV source code as an appendix

...and there's some C++ code and Python code in the mix. This looks like
fun stuff to an old engineer like me; and some of my amateur radio
friends too. Radio propagation is still an art among some hams these
days. FORTRAN, well, that was my first programming language.

I've sent you a private email, and I'll see if I can poke at this code
myself. Thanks for posting notice of this work; your Web page shows good
historic technical preservation at work. That's how it's done.

Regards Herb Johnson
http://www.retrotechnology.com OR .net
or try later herbjohnson AT comcast DOT net